Toro River Lodges
Makalali Private Game Reserve
About Toro River Lodges
Booking Summary [Edit]
Need more information?
Want to Book this Property?
About Toro River Lodges
Toro River Lodges is a Big 5 African Safari destination located in the Kruger area of South Africa…catering to your every safari Dream!
We specialize in ”exclusive-use” safaris, meaning you, your family and friends will have one of our lodges and accompanying Game Drive Vehicle/s with Guide/s, all to yourself.
With totally all-inclusive packages, we also offer semi-self catering packages - inquiry here - designed especially with our South African Guests in mind, yet still offering all the luxuries of our lodging, drives, walks, and facilities.
Toro River Lodges comprises of 8 spacious King size beds Villas (double bed, with the option of a sleeper couch for the kids) for FULL BOARD, SELF AND SEMI-SELF CATERING SAFARI PACKAGES
· All Villas occupy a prime slightly elevated position, overlooking the perennial Makhutswi River
· Lodge facilities include a shared lounge, dining and relaxation space, with an expansive wooden deck overlooking the Makhustwi River and Toro Hippo Pool, with a Raised Hig-Tea area right alongside Hippo Pool.
3 Villas have been recently upgraded or rebuilt and 2 are completely new, designed for privacy and optimum appreciation of the surrounding wilderness.
Each Single Unit has:
Master bedroom with bathroom en-suite
Double volume wardrobe area
Outdoor shower overlooking the river and indigenous vegetation
Lounge area with fireplace
Expansive viewing deck with a covered seating area.
Full range of dietary preferences catered for.
Free Wi-Fi only in the common area
THE ABOVE RATES INCLUDE:
• Meals, snacks, teas, coffee
• Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and Guided Walks
• Local drinks available at the bar and wine
• Daily Laundry
THE ABOVE RATES EXCLUDES:
• Toro River Lodges guests pay an entrance fee of R260.00 per person, which is payable at the ‘Makalali’ Private Game Reserve Gate direct. When ground transfers are handled by us, this rate is included in the total drive fee per transfer
• Curio & telephone
• Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature/anything not specified
If you would like us to confirm the reservation, please provide the following information for each person:
• Surname and First names
• Arrival and departure methods
• Any special dietary requirements or special requests if you opt for the semi-self catering package
• Mobile contact number
• Room configuration – King sharing or single
• In the event of premature departure, guests will be liable for the full extent of the pre-booked stay.
• Spa treatments are available at Toro River Lodges – previous arrangement.
• Children 2-5 years of age are not permitted on a game drive.
TRAVEL CANCELLATION INSURANCE
The Guest is obliged to ensure that they have taken out (or the traveling guest has taken out) adequate travel insurance to cover the financial implications of The Toro River Lodges Cancellation Terms and Conditions.
The Guest will bear the sole and absolute responsibility, therefore.
As the group’s lodges border endemic Malaria areas we recommend that guests take necessary precautions by consulting with their Doctor or Pharmacy prior to visiting any of our Lodges, particularly in the Summer periods. Whilst Malaria cases in guests at our lodges are rare, it is the absolute responsibility of all who visit Malaria endemic regions to take recognized precautions. Guests are to be reminded that most of these precautions require the ingestion of medication sometime prior to arrival in the endemic area.
All visits to the Lodges are subject to The Toro River Lodges Exclusion of Liability and Indemnity, a copy of which is available on the website.
- Laundry Facilities*
- Swimming Pool
- Indoor Fireplace
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Room Service
- Parking on Premises
- 24H. Check In
- 24H. Reception
- 24H. Security
- All inclusive
- Internet Cafe
- Maid service
- Non smoking rooms
- Shuttle service
- Single rooms
- Total number of rooms 1 - 50
- Wake-Up service
- Year of construction after 2000
- No TGCSA Grading
Safari: We specialize in ''exclusive-use'' safaris, meaning you, your family and friends will have one of our lodges and accompanying Game Drive Vehicle/s with Guide/s, all to yourself, designed especially with our South African Guests in mind.
Minimum number of 2 night’s stay
Max of 10 pax in a game drive vehicle with FGASA qualified Field Guides
Additional game vehicle available at R2500 per day, if a group of 10 or less, requests it
We have 5 River Side Suites and 3 adjacent Bush Suites to make a total of 8 Suites
Kids of 12 years and under sharing a room with parents charged at 50% off the rate per kid/night
Above are All-inclusive rates
Gate and conservation levies directly to Game Reserve pay R260 per person per entrance.
Cigars & cigarettes; All flights and transfers, Gratuities; Telephone calls; Toro boutique purchases; Spa treatments & products, Toro River Lodges Entrance & conservation fees; Specialist activities such as a night at one of our Toro Tree-house sleep outs; additional scenic tours to surrounding sights, Blyde River Canyon, Gods Window, Lion and Leopard Sanctuary, Hippo interaction and much more.
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling