Sun & Sea Downtown Mediterranean Villa
About Sun & Sea Downtown Mediterranean Villa
This stunning Mediterranean style villa is situated up the slopes of Signal hill, a part of Table Mountain National Park right in the middle of Atlantic Seaboard in downtown Cape Town.
The villa has sweeping ocean views only interrupted by Robben Island in the distance. This villa has five bed rooms all with en-suite bathrooms and a dedicated, playful space in the living area that can sleep four additional people on floor mattresses.
The master bedroom has a beautiful little balcony with amazing ocean views. The villa has a bunch of sitting areas, both indoor and outdoor as well as access to a swimming pool in a SHARED SPACE NEXT DOOR, up a quick flight of steps and by prior notice only (though unavailable from Dec 7, 2019 -Jan 12, 2020).
Our favorite part in the villa is the entertainment 'lapa' area with a built-in barbecue. The villa has one dedicated and secure parking garage for a mid-size sedan.
The villa has three bedrooms and bathrooms as part of the main house while the other two bedrooms open up directly in the garden or the outdoor corridors. The fifth bedroom is quite small and basic and its en-suite bathroom, though is done up with quirky colors, is fully functional has a bathtub, it is quite basic as well.
The villa is over 100 years old and, though greatly cared for, shows its age in some places. Expect to find some loving wear, quaint aging and charming patina both inside and outside.
The guests have a secured parking for a typical mid-sized sedan, no longer than a Mercedes C Class (width and height of the car are no constraints). The guests will need to park nice and straight in their parking slot as the next slot is used by another set of guests. Free Wi-Fi is available.
The villa is right next to another one of our properties with a connecting door in between. If you have a really large group (up to 24 people) and there is availability in both the properties, we can try to help by offering both properties together.
Though mentioned already, we wish to highlight the following points.
1. Two of the five bedrooms open up directly in the gardens or corridor of the villa.
2. The swimming pool is in the adjoining property which is where we, the hosts, stay. So though you are very welcome to use it and is a quick flight of stairs away, this is by appointment only. The pool is altogether unavailable between Dec 7, 2019 and Jan 12, 2020.
3. The fifth bedroom (with two single beds) is quite small and basic and its en-suite bathroom, though is done up with quirky colors, is fully functional has a bathtub, it is quite basic as well.
Strict: Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 14 days away. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 7 days before check-in. No refunds for cancellations made within 7 days of check-in.
• A fully refundable security deposit of R7500,00 will be required 7 days prior to... Strict: Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 14 days away. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 7 days before check-in. No refunds for cancellations made within 7 days of check-in.
• A fully refundable security deposit of R7500,00 will be required 7 days prior to arrival.
• The booking service fee is refundable if the guest cancels within 48 hours of booking and at least 14 days before check-in. It isn’t refundable if the guest cancels a reservation that overlaps with any part of an existing reservation.
• Accommodation fees (the total nightly rate you’re charged) are refundable in certain circumstances as outlined below.
• Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Guest Refund Policy, extenuating circumstances, or cancellations by Hosts for any other reason permitted under the Terms of Service. Please review these exceptions.
14 days’ prior (48 hours after booking)
For a full refund of accommodation fees, cancellation must be made within 48 hours of booking and at least 14 full days prior to listing’s local check-in time (or 3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of check-in.
7 days’ prior
For a 50% refund of accommodation fees, cancellation must be made 7 full days prior to listing’s local check in time (or 3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of check in, otherwise no refund. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by Friday of the previous week before check in time.
If the guest cancels less than 7 days in advance or decides to leave early after check-in, the nights not spent are not refunded.
Standard fees and charges
Cleaning fee Security deposit Extra guests
R1000 ZAR R7 500 ZAR R500 ZAR
Sun & Sea Downtown Mediterranean Villa Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling