About Sky Lodge
Welcome to the Sky Lodge, a unique self catering stone lodge on the side of the mountain overlooking the Hartbeespoort Dam and surrounding Magaliesberg mountains.
On top of the hill we have 3 exclusive private lodges: Sunset Private Lodge (6 to 8 guests sharing), Red Sky Private Lodge (9 - 14 guests sharing) and the big Blue Sky Private Lodge (13 - 18 guests sharing), each with stone fireplaces, private pool decks and boma overlooking the valley. Each private lodge has a flat screen TV with DSTV Stay Essential Hotel package.
For larger groups of 20 guests or more we recommend booking both the Blue Sky Lodge and Sunset Lodge as these two lodges are closest together.
Lodges are serviced daily except Sundays and Public Holidays. During Lockdown periods the units are services every 2nd day.
The private lodges can accommodate numerous guests, therefore in each there is a base rate for the 1st 4 or less guests sharing bedrooms in the 3 big private lodges. From the 5th guest upwards a charge of only R 350 per night per guest sharing applies. Kids under 4 - 12 years are each R 250 per night. Kids under 3 years no charge if you bring your own camp cot. Please enter your exact number of guests sharing bedrooms and the system will automatically calculate the cost for the total number of guests.
When you book one of the big private lodges you have exclusivity of that specific lodge, as we only book the specific Private Lodge out to one group at a time. If you for example only book for 4 guests, then the lodge will open 2 bedrooms and lock the extra bedrooms for housekeeping purposes. Please note the cost calculations are based on 2 guests SHARING per room either with a double bed or twin single beds, therefore for example if you only require 4 guests but with 4 private bedrooms, you would have to insert 8 guests to calculate the correct cost.
Even though the lodge is located in a remote bush area, it is still considered good practice to promote social distancing. To promote further privacy and social distancing, units are only serviced when the guest has vacated the unit. Guest's may also request that housekeeping does not service a requested unit. The reception area / tuck shop will be closed during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) period and credit card payments will not be taken. Our staff is still on hand to assist where necessary.
Golf: We are popular with golfing groups due to our close proximity to 4 courses within 15 kilometres - Pecanwood Estate, Magalies Park, Sandy Lane and Seasons Eco Estate.
Family friendly: The larger private lodges are suitable for family gatherings and reunions.
Romantic: The Stone Suites are perfect for romantic getaways. Our views will melt her heart!!
Covid Safety Approved: We pledge to implement a high standard of hygiene and cleaning protocols to ensure the safest environment possible for our guests. We adhere to the industry safety protocols set out by the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA).
• Right of admission is reserved.
• Out of consideration for all our guests and to promote exclusivity, we do not permit day visitors over and above the number of paid for and booked sleep over guests as per the booking confirmation. Day visitors or unbooked guests above the number of guests booked into the particular cottage will not be... • Right of admission is reserved.
• Out of consideration for all our guests and to promote exclusivity, we do not permit day visitors over and above the number of paid for and booked sleep over guests as per the booking confirmation. Day visitors or unbooked guests above the number of guests booked into the particular cottage will not be granted access to the lodge.
• On check in the main guest will be required to provide the names of all guests in the group. Unidentified guests will not be granted access to the lodge.
• No loud noise or music that can be heard by other guests please. We would rather have multiple happy guests that enjoy the peace and quiet of the bush instead of one guest that disturbs everybody. If you are planning a noisy gathering or party then we are NOT the right place for you. Should noise continue we reserve the right to switch off the power to the cottage and in extreme cases we reserve the right to evict the disturbing guest without refund of deposits. If it becomes necessary for the lodge to call out the security duty manager to deal with unruly guests then the guest agrees that a fee of R 1,000 will be charged to the guest’s credit card.
• Bachelor parties are not permitted.
• Sorry pets are not allowed.
• Bookings require one responsible adult parent guest over the age of 21.
• The units are serviced daily (except Sundays and Public Holidays)
• The cottages are self catering and cutlery, crockery, linen and bath towels are provided. Please bring your own swimming towels.
• We take no responsibility for inconveniences caused by load shedding, power failures, rain and storms.
• Sky Lodge, its shareholders, directors, management and staff shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of it’s duty to provide accommodation or other related services for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, war, strikes or labour disputes and problems or transportation problems, embargoes, epidemics, pandemics, national disasters, emergencies, government orders or any other force majeure event.
• Please no damages or theft of lodge items (including towels and cutlery). The guest agrees that damages and missing items will be charged for at double the market price due to us being far from shops to replace missing items.
• The lodge is situated on a mountain, therefore there is a 3km dirt farm road from the main road to the lodge gate. The road is fine for a regular sedan or smaller car and a 4x4 is not required. We don't recommend that you use a sports car or car with very low suspension or tyres as it is a dirt road.
• Firewood and ice can be bought from our friendly reception staff.
• No smoking inside thatch cottages please. If guests smoke inside the cottages then the guest agrees that a fee of R 500 will be charged to the guest’s credit card. Ashtrays are provided on the patios.
• We do not do check ins and outs on Christmas or New Year’s Day as we give our staff off on those holidays. Bookings made with arrivals/departures on those days will be cancelled or rescheduled.
• Check in is between 15h00 and 19h00 and check out is up to 10h00.
• The 4 Private Lodges have the DSTV Hotel Bouquet Package including MNet, certain movie channels and sport channels (including Supersport1). The smaller cottages have a dish but you need to please bring your own decoder. We have 2 x spare DSTV Hotel package decoders that you are also able to rent at R 200 per weekend (subject to availability so please advise us early to avoid disappointment).
• DO NOT USE GPS OR GOOGLE MAPS TYPE DEVICES FOR DIRECTIONS AS SOMETIME THESE DEVICES GET IT COMPLETELY WRONG AS SEND YOU ON BACK ROUTES - RATHER FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE BOOKING CONFIRMATION
• ON CHECK IN GUESTS MUST PRESENT THEIR ID DOCUMENT OR DRIVERS LICENSE AS WELL AS THE CREDIT CARD THAT WAS USED TO MAKE THE BOOKING, OTHERWISE ACCESS WILL NOT BE GRANTED. THIS IS REQUIRED IN TERMS OF SOUTH AFRICAN BANKING REGULATIONS. PLEASE LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE IF YOU ARE BOOKING AND PAYING FOR SOMEBODY ELSE.
Stay between 31 Aug 2021 and 08 Dec 2021 and get 20% off on selected rooms.
- 2 night min stay (check-in between 31 Aug 2021 and 08 Dec 2021)
Stay between 31 Aug 2021 and 31 Oct 2021 and get 10% off on selected rooms.
- 2 night min stay (check-in between 31 Aug 2021 and 31 Oct 2021)
Reviews for Sky Lodge188 guest reviews Reviews of
4 out of 5 stars
Sky Lodge Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling