About Sky Lodge
About Sky Lodge
Welcome to the Sky Lodge, a unique self-catering stone lodge nestled on the mountainside, offering breathtaking views of Hartbeespoort Dam and the majestic Magaliesberg mountains.Perched on the hilltop, we proudly present our three exclusive private lodges: Sunset Private Lodge, an intimate space for 6 to 8 guests sharing; Red Sky Private Lodge, a haven for 9 to 14 guests sharing; and the grand Blue Sky Private Lodge, designed to accommodate 13 to 18 guests. Each lodge boasts elegant stone fireplaces, private pool decks, and a mesmerizing boma overlooking the picturesque valley
We are popular with golfing groups due to our close proximity to 4 courses within 15 kilometres - Pecanwood Estate, Magalies Park, Sandy Lane and Seasons Eco Estate.
The larger private lodges are suitable for family gatherings and reunions.
The Stone Suites are perfect for romantic getaways. Our views will melt her heart!!
We pledge to implement a high standard of hygiene and cleaning protocols to ensure the safest environment possible for our guests. We adhere to the industry safety protocols set out by the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA).
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
• Right of admission is reserved.
• Out of consideration for all our guests and to promote exclusivity, we do not permit day visitors over and above the number of paid for and booked sleep over guests as per the booking confirmation. Day visitors or unbooked guests above the number of guests booked into the particular cottage will not be granted access to the lodge.
• On check in the main guest will be required to provide the names of all guests in the group. Unidentified guests will not be granted access to the lodge.
• No loud noise or music that can be heard by other guests please. We would rather have multiple happy guests that enjoy the peace and quiet of the bush instead of one guest that disturbs everybody. If you are planning a noisy gathering or party then we are NOT the right place for you. Should noise continue we reserve the right to switch off the power to the cottage and in extreme cases we reserve the right to evict the disturbing guest without refund of deposits. If it becomes necessary for the lodge to call out the security duty manager to deal with unruly guests then the guest agrees that a fee of R 1,000 will be charged to the guest’s credit card.
• Should it become necessary for Sky Lodge to cancel a booking due to a force majeure event as per the Sky Lodge most recent published terms and conditions on it's website www.skylodge.co.za , Sky Lodge will advise the guest accordingly by the issuance of a Cancellation Notice to the guest's email address on record. A refund for the cancelled accommodation will not be given, however the guest will be granted an equivalent amount of credit to the original cancelled booking, and such credit amount will be valid for a period of 12 months from date of cancellation and in the same high, medium or low season as the original booking, subject to availability of the revised dates. If no such revised dates are suitable to the guest, the guest will be given a voucher which he or she may transfer to a friend or family member of his choice. If no such friend or family member exists, then the booking value and accommodation will be forfeited by the guest.
• Should it be necessary to cancel a booking due to a medical condition of a guest, the Lodge may require a copy of a Doctor's Certificate to confirm the guest's medical condition. The Lodge will then try to rebook the accommodation at short notice. If the Lodge is able to rebook the accommodation, it will then credit the guest for the exact amount that the Lodge is able to rebook the same accommodation to other guests for. Available credit can then be used towards another booking at the Lodge within 12 months. As the cottages normally book long in advance, the Lodge cannot guarantee that it will be able to rebook the accommodation at very short notice, and credit cannot be granted if the Lodge is unable to rebook the cottage at such short notice. The aforementioned will apply to all medical conditions, including guests that have not vaccinated against Covid 19 and subsequently contract the Covid 19 virus. In support of the South African Government’s drive to fight the spread of the Covid 19 virus through its vaccine drive, as a special concession for Covid 19 vaccinated guests that need to cancel due to contracting the Covid 19 virus, should the lodge be unable to rebook the accommodation, then the lodge will offer the vaccinated guest the opportunity to rebook for another date within 12 months within the same season excluding school and public holiday period at the discounted rate of only 25% of the regular rate, and the lodge will absorb the 75% loss.
• Bachelor parties are not permitted.
• Sorry pets are not allowed.
• Bookings require one responsible adult parent guest over the age of 21.
• The units are serviced daily (except Sundays and Public Holidays)
• The cottages are self catering and cutlery, crockery, linen and bath towels are provided. Please bring your own swimming towels.
• We take no responsibility for inconveniences caused by load shedding, power failures, rain and storms.
• Sky Lodge, its shareholders, directors, management and staff shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of it’s duty to provide accommodation or other related services for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, war, strikes or labour disputes and problems or transportation problems, embargoes, epidemics, pandemics, national disasters, emergencies, government orders or any other force majeure event.
• Please no damages or theft of lodge items (including towels and cutlery). The guest agrees that damages and missing items will be charged for at double the market price due to us being far from shops to replace missing items.
• The lodge is situated on a mountain, therefore there is a 3km dirt farm road from the main road to the lodge gate. The road is fine for a regular sedan or smaller car and a 4x4 is not required. We don't recommend that you use a sports car or car with very low suspension or tyres as it is a dirt road.
• Firewood and ice can be bought from our friendly reception staff.
• No smoking inside thatch cottages please. If guests smoke inside the cottages then the guest agrees that a fee of R 500 will be charged to the guest’s credit card. Ashtrays are provided on the patios.
• We do not do check ins and outs on Christmas or New Year’s Day as we give our staff off on those holidays. Bookings made with arrivals/departures on those days will be cancelled or rescheduled.
• Check in is between 15h00 and 19h00 and check out is up to 10h00.
• The 3 Private Lodges have satellite TV with OpenView decoders.
• DO NOT USE GPS TYPE DEVICES FOR DIRECTIONS AS SOMETIME THESE DEVICES GET IT COMPLETELY WRONG AS SEND YOU ON BACK ROUTES - RATHER FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE BOOKING CONFIRMATION OR PUT SKY LODGE INTO GOOGLE MAPS
• ON CHECK IN GUESTS MUST PRESENT THEIR ID DOCUMENT OR DRIVERS LICENSE AS WELL AS THE CREDIT CARD THAT WAS USED TO MAKE THE BOOKING, OTHERWISE ACCESS WILL NOT BE GRANTED. THIS IS REQUIRED IN TERMS OF SOUTH AFRICAN BANKING REGULATIONS. PLEASE LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE IF YOU ARE BOOKING AND PAYING FOR SOMEBODY ELSE.
- Swimming Pool
- Tourism Graded
- Credit Card Facilities
- Conference Venues
- Parking on Premises
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling