About Matjiesvlei Cottages
These 3 fully equipped self-catering holiday homes are situated in Matjiesvlei (Matjies Valley) at the foothills of the Swartberg Mountain Range, only 14 km from Calitzdorp.
The spectacular mountain views along with the mixed farming activities of the valley provide a tranquil atmosphere.
The valley is a dead end and therefore quiet and peaceful. The hustle and bustle of city life melt away – the perfect place to relax and unwind. All 3 cottages have been authentically restored to maintain their old-world atmosphere, with addition of modern amenities.
· Bokwagtershuis and die Stalle sleeps 6, Middelplaas 4.
· All linen included.
· The Bokwagtershuis and Stalle both have an open plan kitchen/dining room/lounge, overlooking the veld and mountains. Middelplaas’s kitchen is separate from the lounge.
· All cottages have an air conditioner in the living area for cooling in summer.
· All cottages have a built-in braai.
· Braai grids, fire tongs and swartpotjie available.
· The kitchens are equipped with all the required utensils, including a dishwasher and washing machine in Bokwagtershuis and Die Stalle.
· Bokwagters and die Stalle both have two bathrooms, one bathroom has a shower, the other has a shower as well as a bath.
· Middelplaas has a shower.
· The cottages have security screens in front of all windows and doors, except folding doors.
· Free WiFi access in the cottages.
· The entrance to our private picnic spot at the river is opposite the Skuur.
Reviews for Matjiesvlei Cottages7 guest reviews Reviews of
4.5 out of 5 stars
Matjiesvlei Cottages Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling