About Durban Accommodation
About Durban Accommodation
Durban Accommodation is a rustic and laid-back Tudor-style family home in Durban North that is an affordable place to relax.
This lodge offers bed only, bed and breakfast, self-catering and backpackers accommodation.
We are the ideal place to relax and get back in touch with yourself, and nature. Set in Durban North next to the wildlife conservatory, the large terraced garden leads down to a swimming pool. If you are looking for an upmarket hotel, this place is not for you. Our establishment is very laid back, with the focus on relaxation.
We are situated in the suburbs of Durban North on the corner of Longwoods Drive and Umhlanga Rocks Drive, centrally located 10 minutes from Gateway, Umhlanga Rocks village, and North Beach. It is 15 to 20 minutes from King Shaka International Airport, Moses Madiba Stadium, Sun Coast Entertainment, and uShaka Marine World.
We have a large hall which can be used for functions such as conferences, weddings, or indoor meals.
We also have a wooden deck overlooking the garden which can fit 12 people comfortably where our guests can relax, have meals, or hold small meetings.
Basic Breakfast: R50.
Two eggs, 3 rashers of bacon, two slices of bread/toast, and fried tomato. Complimentary tea/coffee/juice.
Mega Breakfast: R80.
Two eggs, 3 rashers of bacon, portion savoury mince, one sausage, two slices of bread/toast, and fried tomato, Complimentary tea/coffee/juice.
Specialty Breakfast: R60
Omelette with choice of four fillings: cheese, tomato, ham, chicken, mushrooms. Complimentary tea/coffee/juice.
Kid's Breakfast: R40.
Fish fingers x 3, scrambled eggs x 2, one slice of bread/toast. Complimentary tea/coffee/juice.
Choice from three cereals, milk and sugar.
Filtered coffee R10
Smoothie - fruit of the day R30
Smoothie - peanut butter/cocoa/coffee R30
Greens – glass of various greens including alfafa and seaweed R20
Note:Self-catering units are required to pre-book with management should they want breakfast.
Parking is inside the premises and gated.
Shuttle service to or from King Shaka International Airport can be arranged on behalf of our clients.
Free, uncapped wireless Internet available upon request.
Very large garden with a swimming pool. and braai facilities.
Children are welcome under adult supervision.
Pet friendly by arrangement.
Smoking is allowed in the garden but not inside the building.
Cancellation and Refund policy.
Deposit refunds will be honoured on condition that cancellations are made at least 7 days before expected date of arrival.
Prior inspection of our property is invited and encouraged before booking is finalised.
- Swimming Pool
- Satellite TV*
General Booking Procedures :
• Provisional bookings will be held for no longer than 24 hours
• Full payment required to confirm reservations of 1 night
• 50% Deposit is required for confirmation of bookings for more than 1 night
• Balance of payment is due on arrival before keys are handed over – we accept cash, Visa & MasterCard only
• Checking in time is after 2PM, and checking out time is before 10AM.
• Terms and Conditions are acknowledged by us to have been read and agreed by you once you decide to pay your deposit
A refundable R100 key deposit is charged.
The key deposit is payable when we hand over keys to our guest for their stay, and refunded to our guests after the keys have been returned to management and the room has had a general inspection.
• No show or cancellation within 14 days of stay – No refund due.
• Cancellation between 15 and 30 days before stay – 25% of the deposit will be refunded.
• Cancellation between 60 and 30 days before stay – 50% of the deposit will be refunded
• Cancellation more than 60 days before stay – full refund less 10% handling fee.
In the case of death or illness, consideration with our booking agents will be made to grant full refund.
Refunds may take up to 5 working days to process.
Note: If our guests do not like the unit they have booked, we will offer then an alternative unit if one is available. If no alternative unit is suitable, we can issue them with a voucher for the remainder of their stay, valid for a year.
We encourage guests to ask for more photos of the unit they are booking, or to visit the premises before finalizing their booking with us to ensure that they approve of our accommodation.
Methods of Payment
• Credit Cards : We would require a credit card holder’s signed authorisation to debit their credit card with credit card number, cvv number, name of cardholder and expiry date.
Accepted cards are : American Express, Diners Club, Visa, and Mastercard
• Direct : Proof of payment is required for direct cash deposits or EFT payments into our bank account.
• International : All international payments initiated outside of the borders of South Africa will require 2 forms of Government issued Identification (for example Passport & Drivers License)
of the person making the reservation. This to be sent with accompanying proof of payment. If payment is made with a credit card, 2 forms of Government issued ID must match that of the card holder.
Check In :
- Check in time is earliest 14H00, and latest by 17H00 on day of arrival please, in order to hand over keys, there is a late check in fee of R100.
( We do not have an all night clerk at reception, and for staff and security reasons please ensure timeous arrival. )
- Check out by 10H00 on day of departure. After initial check in and keys have been handed over obviously guests keep whatever hours they choose to, only the initial hand over of keys needs to be early
Breakfasts and other meals are not included in our pricing but can be provided at an additional fee if pre-arranged with management.
Cleaning the Rooms
We clean the rooms before guests arrive, and after guests book out. If you need your room cleaned during your stay, please note there is an additional cleaning fee of R50 per room. This service must be prearranged with management to ensure we have sufficient staff available to perform additional tasks.
We offer the washing, drying and ironing of your laundry at an additional fee by arrangement with management.
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling