About De Vuurtoren
Enjoy the elegance of a by-gone era while staying in this modern, industrial, beachfront studio apartment, characterized by sophistication. Away from the city rush and away from the chaos, in a place where relaxation reigns. Exposed hardware, unfinished metals and wood, distressed finishes and factory-inspired pieces are what it’s all about. We created a nostalgic atmosphere with combined rustic and contemporary elements, with mid-century aesthetics that range from refined to earthy, creating a unique and timeless feel.Situated next to the West Coast National Park, set in the prist
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
NB - We recommend 2 adults and 2 children at this property, see layout on photo's.
Bookings & check-in:
• Upon your enquiry for accommodation a quote can be drawn from the website
/ a quote confirmation can be requested.
• Quotations are valid as stipulated on the quotation.
• All rates are including VAT and can be changed without prior notice.
• We reserve the right to cancel and refund accommodation in situations of
crisis or move guests to alternative (similar) accommodation with their
permission and agreement.
• A 30% deposit is to reserve the establishment, and full payment is required
1 week in advance and during high season 2 weeks in advance of arrival.
• Reservations within 7 days of arrival is payable in full.
• Full payment is required before access is allowed to the establishment.
• Banking costs for international deposits will be for the guest’s account.
Because we will only know what the amount is after receiving the funds, it
will be added to the outstanding amount / the final payment.
• Banking details reflect on our website on the Reservation forms as well as on
• The person responsible for making the reservations and payments should
ensure that everyone else in the party has read these terms and conditions
and accept full responsibility and liability thereof.
• It is the guest’s responsibility to report any defect or problem to the agent at
the time of taking occupancy.
• You are welcome to check in from 15:00 to 18:00 (or later but only by
arrangement) on the day of arrival and are required to hand in the keys by
10:00 on the day of departure. Estimated times of arrival and departure must
be communicated to the welcoming staff member or owner to ensure smooth
• Yzerfontein Accommodation has a drop box which can be used to drop off
keys on departure.
• Only paying guests are allowed on the premises – visiting guest welcome only
• The right of admission is reserved and strictly applied.
• Cancellation longer than 30 days, 100% refundable.
• Cancellation between 29 days and 15 days, 75% refundable.
• Cancellation between 14 and 7 days, 50% refundable.
(High season cancelation - no refunds after 14 days notice of cancelation)
• Cancellation less than 7 days, no refund.
Breakage & Damages & Parking:
Breakage Deposit of R1000 per reservation is charged
• When a breakage deposit is charged, it will be taken against any damages
incurred. If there are any deductions to be made, we will notify you within 2
days of your departure and a refund, if any, will be made within 2 days of
your departure to your nominated bank account.
• Unfortunately, additional charges will be imposed if more guests than booked
for are utilizing the premises.
• Please note that a cleaning fee can be deducted from a breakage deposit for
houses that are left with excessive dirty dishes and / or linen or any
• Beds which are slept in, above the occupancy as stated by you, will be subject
to a cleaning charge.
• Bath towels are supplied but not for use on the beach, guests should provide
their own beach towels.
• An inventory is provided - please notify your host as soon as possible if any
items are missing or defective.
• Parking is available on site - Please respect the environment and gardens and
be mindful of traffic and other vehicles.
• This is a self-catering facility, but for a lengthy stay we can gladly provide you
with a cleaning service by prior arrangement.
• Start-up cleaning materials and toilet paper are provided.
• Laundry facilities are available in Yzerfontein – please check out our website
/ LOCAL CONTACTS for 2 options.
• Please make use of the dustbins provided and the arrangements for refuge.
Refuse collections are every Monday and Thursday morning. Please make use
of the recycle bins around town near the Municipal Hall and in Dassen Island,
• The drains in Yzerfontein are either soak or municipal pump drains. Therefore,
please use only toilet paper in the toilets. Bins are provided for any other
items that need to be disposed of.
• Also refer to our EXTRAS & SPOILS PROGRAM to request a specific service /
assistance during your stay with us.
Household safety and security:
• This is a non-smoking facility, but you are welcome to smoke outside,
providing that you use a cigarette butt dispenser.
• Please only make fires in the braai areas, and only use charcoal in Webers.
• When using gas hobs, please turn off the gas at the cut-off switch when not
in use, for safety.
• We should mention that even though Yzerfontein is statistically a very low
crime area, caution should still be taken and the premises be locked when
you are away - please contact the 24 hours Neighbourhood Watch Number
for assistance is available: 083 444 0672.
• A medical practitioner is available in town but unfortunately not 24 hours per
day. Please check our website / LOCAL CONTACTS for telephone numbers.
• Every effort is made to service and maintain all amenities, equipment, and
appliances to a fully operable and safe condition, and guests are requested to
use and operate all these in a responsible manner. Kindly report any faulty
conditions to the owners.
• This apartment / house is in a residential area, please respect our neighbours
and refrain from events or parties without prior permission.
• Minors are the sole responsibility of the parents and/or guardians in whose
care they are whilst visiting.
• Should any guest be involved in the unfortunate situation of a crime taken
place, please contact Karen Schräder/083 453 2336 or Mariaan Heyns /
082 897 0777 immediately
• The Yzerfontein residential area is surrounded by nature reserves and Green
Belts are running through the town. We ask that guests always respect the
• Apart from a variety of small wild animals there are also snakes such as
Puffadders and Cape Cobras during the warmer seasons and it is therefore
advisable not to wander into the fynbos unattended. Should you encounter a
snake, please contact the “snake catcher” on the number provided in the
• At certain times of the year, such as the breeding season, ostriches could be
dangerous too, rather do not approach them at any time and give them right
of way – they were here first!
• Since the West Coast is an arid environment, the local communities
experience water restrictions from time to time. Please help us by using water
• Unfortunately, we cannot welcome any pet
Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of our
guests and their possessions on the premises, the owner, its agents, and/or its
employees shall not be liable for any injury, loss, theft, or damage suffered by a
guest/s whilst on the premises. When booking at our establishments, the guest/s
hereby indemnifies the owner of the establishment and Yzerfontein Accommodation
against any claims arising from any injury, loss, theft, or damage suffered by them
on the premises. Guests enter at own risk.
Staying in the beautiful, clean Yzerfontein and being able to welcome
guests to a peaceful and mutually respectful environment and community
is our priority and this forms this basis of our risk management.
- Satellite TV*
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Double bed
- Iron and board
- Non smoking rooms
- Pets Not Allowed
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling