Chem Chem Safari Lodge
Tarangire National Park
About Chem Chem Safari Lodge
Chem Chem Safari Lodge lies within a 4000-hectare privileged wildlife management area between Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara in northern Tanzania. Eight stylish and secluded tent-style suites evoke the spirit of a vintage contemporary safari lodge. The principle house of the Lodge offers a full service gourmet restaurant to whet your appetite, a lounge bar complete with outdoor fire place to quench your thirst and toast your toes and a fully stocked library to broaden your horizons.You may even choose to enjoy your read on the viewing deck which boasts awe inspiring vie
Those who crave a more restful experience will be spoilt for choice by the veritable programme of revitalising and relaxing treatments available at Chem Chem Amani Spa.
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
• Minimum stay of 2 nights.
• No reservation is deemed confirmed unless acknowledged and accepted in writing by the Reservation Manager to the Operator.
• Reservations will be confirmed in writing (email).
• Provisional bookings will be held for 14 days and only following which a 20% non-refundable deposit must be paid or the booking will be released.
• 80% of the balance is due no later than 45 days before arrival.
• If a reservation is made 45 days prior to the arrival date, full payment is due.
• For group bookings (3 tents or more) the full balance needs to be paid 60 days prior to arrival.
• The amount stated on the invoice is what needs to be received by Chem Chem Safaris. ALL bank charges are to be settled and recovered by the client.
• Payments must be made in USD ($), extras can be paid for at the property by cash, Visa or MasterCard.
• Emergency Evacuation Insurance: US$ 30 per person for all bookings made directly with Chem Chem, insurance will be added to the rate. For bookings made via an international agent, Chem Chem will need confirmation prior to arrival that the insurance will be handled by the agent, otherwise it will be added to the rate. For bookings made via DMC, Chem Chem will need confirmation that guests have this insurance prior to arrival.
ALL RATES INCLUDE:
• 3 meals per day, house wines, beers, spirits, water & soft drinks (excludes connoisseur wine & French champagne).
• All safari activities in the Chem Chem Concession: guided walks, tracking with the Maasai and a bush breakfast.
• Evening sundowners on the edge of Lake Manyara.
• Day with local Maasai, cultural visit (Maasai village and the local school).
• Game drive to Tarangire National Park in an open vehicle (excludes park fees)
• NEW: Arrival transfers from Kuro airstrip (in the Tarangire National Park, excludes Park Fees).
• Laundry (hand washed) & internet access (Wi-Fi available).
• Stays of 3 nights or less = 1x 1-hour massage per person (massages valued at US$ 80 per person).
• Stays of 4 nights or more = DAILY 1-hour massage per person.
ALL RATES EXCLUDE:
• Road transfers (only arrival transfer from Kuro to Little Chem Chem & Chem Chem Lodge included)
• Concession Fees: US$ 125 per person per night / US$ 100 per child under 16yrs per night.
• Tourism and Development Levy of US$ 1.50 per person per night.
• Emergency Evacuation Insurance: US$ 30 per person per stay (see general information for more details).
• An optional Chem Chem Foundation contribution of US$ 50 will be added to each new booking. All proceeds go directly towards projects managed by the Foundation and guests will receive a personal update on the positive impact their contribution makes. This amount can be removed if requested.
• Connoisseur wine and French champagne.
• Park fees for Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater National Parks.
• Additional spa treatments (only available at Chem Chem Lodge), personal purchases, phone calls and gratuities.
• Children aged 8 years and over welcome.
• Children 8 – 16 years pay 50% of adult per person sharing rate when sharing with one full paying adult or child.
• Children in their own suite: first child pays full adult per person sharing rate and second child pays child rate.
• Children under 12 years are required to share with a parent.
• Lodge Suites & Camp Tents accommodate 1 child sharing (third person) with parents.
• Chem Chem Lodge Family Suite: Lodge Suite with separate Children’s Room accommodates up to 3 children (under 16) in the Children’s Room (or 2 children can share the annex and 1 child can share the Lodge Suite with parents.) Unit rate is based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing.
• Little Chem Chem Family Tent: 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom fully canvased tent can accommodate 2 adults and up to 3 children (under 16). Unit rate is based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing.
• If the Lodge is hired exclusively, children of all ages are welcome.
• All children must be accompanied by parents/guardians on all safari activities.
- Laundry Facilities*
- Swimming Pool
- Indoor Fireplace
- Restaurant on Premises
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling