About BY THE BEACH
About BY THE BEACH
By The Beach self-catering holiday home is situated in Salt Rock, North Coast, KwaZulu-Natal. By the Beach is a luxury self-catering holiday home that sleeps up to 10 adults plus 2 children on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal. It is a flat 200m walk to the Main Salt Rock Swimming Beach, which is protected by shark nets and lifeguards.The house consists of 5 bedrooms. The main bedroom has a king bed with a full en-suite. The 2nd bedroom has a queen bed with a shower en-suite. The third bedroom has a double bed plus a single bed and a sliding door opening to its own private garden
SAVE 25% OUT OF SEASON WEEKDAY SPECIAL
Stay for 4 nights and only pay for 3 nights between 02 May 2023 and 30 Nov 2023. Valid every Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Sun.
- 4 night min stay (check-in between 02 May 2023 and 30 Nov 2023)
SAVE 25% PENSIONERS OUT OF SEASON SPECIAL
Stay between 02 May 2023 and 30 Nov 2023 and get 25% off.
- 3 night min stay (check-in between 02 May 2023 and 30 Nov 2023)
SAVE 20% 5 PERSONS OR LESS OUT OF SEASON SPECIAL
Stay between 02 May 2023 and 30 Nov 2023 and get 20% off. Valid every Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Sun.
- 2 night min stay (check-in between 02 May 2023 and 30 Nov 2023)
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
LETTING CONDITIONS for 2023/24 FREE WIFI
1. Arrival time 14h00 – Departure time 10h00 (unless other arrangements are made with the Establishment)
2. BREAKAGE and AIRCONDITIONER DEPOSIT OF R2000. (air conditioners on a meter charged at the municipal rates) Tenants will be held responsible for shortages due to theft, breakages etc. Your breakage deposit will be funded to you via bank deposit within 14 days of departure, not on departure and provided no breakages are incurred. Please note: that it is your responsibility to supply me with your banking details before you leave. Damage deposits not claimed within three months of booking will be forfeited.
3. Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of the full deposit which will NOT BE LESS THAN 50% OF THE RENTAL unless alternative arrangements have been made in writing.
4. Balance of rental is due two weeks prior to arrival and one month for Dec/Jan and school/public holidays. No refunds for cancellations within a 2 weeks of arrival unless the accommodation is re-let for the full period. (Peak period – 2 months)
5. In the event of an earlier cancellation a 50% cancellation fee will be applicable unless the accommodation is re-let for the full period.
6. There will be no refund for early departure.
7. Overcrowding will not be permitted. No more than the maximum number of people as booked, (max 10 persons- 12 with permission) on the property at any time, or the breakage deposit will be withheld. If you exceed the amount of people allowed you will be charged for every extra person and legal action will be taken against you. Under no circumstances do we allow any social event to happen on the property without written consent. This includes: birthday parties, bachelor or hens parties, wedding reception or any other function. Failure to adhere to this will result in immediate eviction with no refund.
8. Under no circumstances do we allow STUDENT GROUPS or mens groups without prior permission in writing. Failure to adhere to this will result in immediate eviction with no refund. We cater for family holidays only.
9. No credit cards or cheques are accepted.
10. No bank charges eg cash or foreign deposits will be carried by By the Beach. These will be deducted from the Breakage Deposit.
11. Bookings and arrangements to be confirmed via e-mail.
12. NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE
13. Prior to departure please ensure that the house is locked and left in the same condition as you found it on arrival.
14. No pets allowed without written prior permission.
15. The owner is in no way liable to the tenant or his/her family or visitors for any personal injury sustained or loss/damage of personal belongings and/or motor vehicles, which may occur, while the tenant occupies the house.
16. Keys not returned timeously will result in the delay of the return of the deposit.
17. The house has septic tanks and no foreign objects must be thrown into the toilet, which may result in a blockage. Should this occur the tenant will be held responsible for the removal and all costs incurred.
18. When the premises are left unattended, the alarm system must be activated in order
for the Theft and Burglary Household Insurance Policy to be effective. Failure to
adhere to this could result in the tenant being held liable for any loss incurred. If there is a maid/caretaker on the property you may leave them in the house, and they will activate the alarm when they depart, but should no one be in the house you must set the alarm and ensure the property is secured by all means offered (inside and outside beams). This also pertains to night time, once you have gone to bed, outside beams must be set and all doors and sliding windows locked and secured.
19. No slaughtering of live animals on the property is allowed.
20. Under no circumstances are any items belonging to the property to be removed from the property during your stay.
ALL LINEN SUPPLIED REFERS TO BED LINEN!!!! BATH TOWELS ARE SUPPLIED, BUT NO BEACH TOWELS EXCEPT FOR FLYING or FOREIGN VISITORS!!!!
21. Please supply your own toiletries.
22. It is self catering so please supply your own CLEANING AGENTS and washing powder etc.
23. A basic cleaning service is offered weekdays with a linen change once a week. Our domestic lives in.
24. The house will have been thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival. Prior to departure please ensure that the house is left in the same condition as you found it on arrival. A normal cleaning levy of R650 will be charged after departure. Should there be extra cleaning e.g. dishes etc. a further R300 will be charged. This will be taken off the breakage deposit.
25. The house has the full satellite DSTV bouquet, netflix and uncapped fibre to the house.
26. THE USE OF THE SWIMMING POOL IS AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE TENANT. A pool net is available on request.
27. A fee will be charged if pebbles/stones are left in the pool.
28. IMPORTANT!!!!! AFTER HOURS: Tenants must advise By the Beach well in advance if they will be arriving after 4pm.
29. By the Beach is located in a residential area hence tenants agree to abide and behave in a reasonable, quiet manner eg no drunken, disorderly, foul mouthed behavior, no excessibe loud music, noise kept to a reasonable time and level etc
30. The lessor and/or the servants or Employees of By the Beach shall not be liable to the Lessee for any injury or loss or damage of any description which the Lessee and/or any member of the Lessee’s family , or any employee or servant or any relative, friend, acquaintance, visitor, invitee or guest of the Lessee may sustain, physically or to their property directly, in or about the Leased Premises or in any part or building in which the Leased Premises are situated by reason of any defect in the Leased premises are situated, or for any act done or any neglect on the part of the Lessor or any of the Lessor’s employee’s servants or representatives. The Lessor, Lessor’s employee’s servants accept no responsibility for any loss or damages incurred as a result of use of the swimming pool.
31. By the Beach will in no way be held accountable/responsible and can not guarantee that neighbours or people in the area will behave in a reasonable or quiet manner. There is also nothing we can do about them. Please note : The North Coast is experiencing a boom in building and construction. We cannot guarantee that someone in the area will not have a sudden urge to revamp or rebuild his house/property. Whilst we can tell you the current status of the neighbours/surroundings we cannot predict the future and will not be held accountable for building disturbances of any shape or kind. The whole of the Dophin Coast has had severe water restrictions. Please keep water usage to a minimum.
32. The onus is on you to enquire as to the specifications of the house you are renting in terms of security, surroundings and general requirements. We undertake to answer truthfully to what we know or have knowledge of.
33. Should any conditions be breached, we have the right to evict you.
By paying the minimum deposit required to confirm the booking, the lessee agrees to abide by the conditions as set out above and accepts the terms fully.
Should you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Laundry Facilities*
- Swimming Pool
- Pet Friendly*
- Satellite TV*
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Room Service
- Parking on Premises
- Air conditioning
- Double bed
- Double/Twin rooms
- Iron and board
- House Keeping
- Mini fridge
- Non smoking rooms
BY THE BEACH location
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling