About Birdsong Cottages
Birdsong Cottages is situated On a 32 ha farm 14 km’s outside of Modimolle on the R101 lies Birdsong Cottages, a venue with emphasis on keeping it cosy and luxurious. Birdsong caters for guests wanting to escape the hustle of bustle and enjoy the best the bushveld of the nearby Nylsvley has to offer.
Birdsong boasts comfortable self-catering cottages accommodating up to 34 guests. Situated in the midst of rolling hills on a private reserve, Birdsong is the destination of choice when looking for fantastic scenery and peace of mind.
A surprising feature is the birds-eye view of the panoramic valley below. The Uitkyk is the ideal spot for guests to be entertained by not only the never-ending African surroundings but also the free-roaming game - not to mention the prolific birdlife after which the establishment is named.
With its farm-style hospitality in comfortable overnight accommodation you will feel at home right away. Take a stroll through the bush towards the country pool or be more adventurous and follow the hiking trails offering a true Out of Africa experience with breathtaking views.
Family friendly: Suitable for families travelling with children.
Please take note that we do not accept credit card payments at Birdsong Cottages. A 50% deposit is required upfront to secure your booking. Should you be paying the balance on arrival, please advise as payment by card is not accepted at the property.
A cash deposit of R300 applies and is collected on check in. This... Please take note that we do not accept credit card payments at Birdsong Cottages. A 50% deposit is required upfront to secure your booking. Should you be paying the balance on arrival, please advise as payment by card is not accepted at the property.
A cash deposit of R300 applies and is collected on check in. This will be returned upon departure once your inventory list has been gone through with the relevant duty manager. Any breakages will be charged for accordingly and deducted from the breakage deposit. Damages exceeding the deposit will still be liable for. Guests are therefore expected to complete their copy of the inventory upon check-in. This applies to both listed items and structural items such as furniture and fittings.
• Access to Birdsong is via a 8km gravel road.
• Parking is in front of most units or the Reception.
• We have a pin-operated gate to allow access to the property. Our reception will contact you before arrival with the gate pin code. If you have not received a call us the day prior to your arrival.
• Certain cottages are thatched. If you have any asthma-related health problems, please contact us.
• We are located in a malaria free area.
• There is no cellphone signal on Birdsong due to its position in the valley.
• Due to Birdsong's location, we have free roaming game and small wildlife on site. There are also snakes and spiders on the property and we ask guests to respect these animals and not disturb, touch or harm them.
• Units are serviced Monday to Saturday, however the washing of cutlery and crockery is the responsibility of guests.
• Please bring along your own towels for use at the swimming pool.
• Units have select Openview HD channels.
• When leaving the premises, please wait for the gate to close or manually close the gate before departing to ensure that the animals do not exit.
• The swimming pool is located on the upper level of the premises and we ask guests not to swim in the dams. Please bring along your own towels for use at the swimming pool.
• We are committed to playing a part in the protection of our environment and kindly request your participation in saving water and chemicals by re-using your towels daily.
• We have private residences on the property and respectfully ask that guests do not disturb the allocated properties.
• No music is allowed.
• We ask that guests bring their own wood and fire-lighters for barbequing. Please ensure braai-fires are extinguished properly when you have finished.
• No bon fires are allowed on the premises.
• We request that guests do not fish in the dams. Note that the dams’ water levels are dependent on rain and may at certain times be dry.
• No fireworks are allowed. see more
Reviews for Birdsong Cottages13 guest reviews Reviews of
3 out of 5 stars
Birdsong Cottages Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling