About Olives & Plates
This is THE restaurant for real foodies. Olives & Plates takes food seriously, and at the same time makes it fun and unpretentious, with a touch of pizzazz.
Start your day with a wholesome, filling breakfast. The menu is varied, but especially mentionable is the egg, avo, caramelized onion and sun dried tomato wrap; the smoked salmon, toasted English muffin, poached eggs, spinach and hollandaise sauce and the cinnamon and raisin brioche served with mixed berries and mascarpone.
A variety of imaginative salads are also available and include the delicious halloumi, spinach, dates and avo salad. Steaks, burgers, wraps and gourmet sarmies with tons of fillings and toppings have earned their place on the menu as well.
A house speciality is Nonna's Meat Balls, slow cooked in a chunky tomato sauce topped with fresh basil and parmesan shavings.
Homemade cakes and decadent desserts add a wicked touch to your meal and thee are best accompanied by a glass of bubbly.
Sit back, relax and enjoy cuisine that is made from the heart.
Directions to Olives & PlatesTravelling on the M1 North:
• Take the Empire Road/R55 off-ramp;
• The off-ramp will fork; take the right fork for Hillbrow/R55;
• At the yield sign, make a sharp right turn into Yale Road;
• Head back up underneath the M1 highway towards the Wits entrance 7;
• From the security boom, get into the right-hand lane;
• At the first stop sign, turn right into the tunnel underneath the M1 highway;
• After exiting the tunnel, turn right at the four-way stop;
• There will be parking lots on your left- and right-hand sides;
• The road will get to an S-bend - keep following the road;
• As you come out of the S-bend the road will curve to the left. There will be White Cape Dutch Buildings on your left and a parking lot on your right.
Accommodation near Olives & Plates
Olives & Plates Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling