About Ponta Beach Camp – Private Campsites
Ponta Beach Camps is an affordable, family beach resort directly on the main Beach in the quaint seaside village of Ponta do Ouro, Southern Mozambique. Ponta do Ouro, situated just 4 kms (as the Seagull flies), and about 12 kms by road from the Kosi Bay border with South Africa. Access on New Tar Road from KZN border to the market in Ponta Do Ouro, 4 x 4 no longer required to reach Ponta Beach Camps The Private Camp site is a very small campsite (3 only) enclosed by a security fence. At night the area is patrolled by our security guards. The sites are approximately 5m x 5m in area, and covered with a shade cloth gazeboEach site has a plug point, and outside overhead light. Maximum persons occupying each site are limited to 4. Additional persons are required to pay the per person supplement. Bigger tents, trailers, extra tents may be required to pay additional charges. Please confirm camp equipment when booking. The campsite area is accessible to off road caravansGuests using these campsites can make use of all the Main Camp facilities – e.g. ablutions, kitchen facilities, fridge hire, etc. (See Ponta Beach Camps – Main Camp) There are two large communal ablution blocks servicing the Main Camp, with separate men’s & ladies facilities. Towels are not supplied. For those that don’t want the hassle of cooking, “Barraca de Ponta”, our popular Mozambique Restaurant, is situated in the Main Camp. It offers very affordable Breakfast, and Full Board meal options. The self-catering kitchen is equipped with a double gas hotplate, a large braai area, and pots, pans and utensils. There is also a chest deep freeze provided solely for storing frozen meat products. For those that would prefer their own private fridges, there are a limited number of fridges for hire. Personal crockery and cutlery are not provided. Bring your own glasses, coffee mugs, knives, forks, braai tongs, bottle opener, can opener, corkscrew, etc.The coast off Ponta do Ouro has been declared a Marine Protected Area, and is efficiently managed by the authorities to ensure that the coral reefs and tropical aquatic life is preserved in its original pristine state. In addition to the numerous resident pods of dolphins found off our coast, one also has a very good chance of seeing turtles, whale sharks, and whales. The coast of Mozambique is famous for the annual whale migration which takes place during the winter months (May – October). During this period, clients are assured of seeing these magnificent creatures close inshore as they blow, tail slap, and spectacularly leap out of the water.A Padi five-star dive centre operates from Ponta Beach Camps offering both dive charters and Scuba training. There is also a comprehensive range of Scuba Equipment for rental at competitive prices. They have been operating in Southern Mozambique for over 22 years, and are the official MARES Diving Centre for Southern Mozambique. Great emphasis is placed on safety, education, conservation awareness, and responsible, non invasive interaction with the marine environment. Mozambique is one of the few places in the world that offers wild dolphin encounters. Boat trips are undertaken daily to see these amazing animals, and whatever other of the varied marine life one usually encounters whilst at sea. As with our dive charters, on all these trips emphasis is placed on safety, conservation, education, and responsible, non invasive interaction with all marine life encountered.
• All booking requests in respect of accommodation, transfers, flights, and activities / excursions are subject to availability as at the time deposits are received, notwithstanding the fact that at the time of request, availability may have been confirmed.
• Prices quoted, unless otherwise specifically notified in writing, are as per the... • All booking requests in respect of accommodation, transfers, flights, and activities / excursions are subject to availability as at the time deposits are received, notwithstanding the fact that at the time of request, availability may have been confirmed.
• Prices quoted, unless otherwise specifically notified in writing, are as per the respective resort standard rate sheets, and are subject to any increases in accommodation, air fares, other land arrangements, or any other costs that may affect the original invoice price. All quotes and invoices are subject to these increases and costs, which may be applied without prior notice.
• Any extensions, additions, variations or deviations from the original invoice may incur supplementary charges. These are also payable as per payment schedule below.
• Any changes of whatsoever nature made to any invoice, once sent, shall incur additional charges, with a minimum of R 300.00 per person per amendment being levied.
• Should the resorts, operators, or principles quote in any other currency, other than SA Rands, then the rate quoted will exclude the forex commission of 0.25% of the total invoice price, with a minimum amount payable of R300.00 per person.
• Unless specifically stated to the contrary on the quote, rates and quotes do not include any airport departure taxes, airline fuel or any other levies and taxes that may be implemented from time to time, or any meals that may not be included in the airline ticket prices, as in the case of some budget airlines, nor does it include any other taxes that may not be included in airline ticket rate.
• Unless specifically stated to the contrary on the quote, rates and quotes do not include any visa / passport costs, or any air ticket / passport / document courier / delivery charges, or any personal or travel insurance.
• Rates quoted, are subject to exchange rate fluctuations, and final cost will be determined and finalized, as at the date of receipt of full payment. This is a specific condition, notwithstanding that the tour may already have been invoiced, and deposits paid against it.
• The operator reserves the right to further amend the final invoice amount payable, up to a period of seven (7) days after the final payment is received from the client, should there be any currency variations during this period.
• We reserves the right to accept any payments made against any tour, at the exchange rate when payment was made. The current applicable currency buying rate as quoted by the Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd shall be used to determine the exchange rate invoiced. This applies to any late payments which may be received, notwithstanding such payments may only be received after the final invoice.
• Rates and quotes do not include VAT, or any sales taxes, that may be payable on the tour, or any portion thereof, in South Africa, or any country included on the itinerary, that imposes them.
• All payments for the stay must be made in full prior to departure, no confirmations, or travel documents will be issued until all these payments have been received.
• A minimum 50% non-refundable, non-transferable, deposit of total tour price (including any additional charges, including equipment rental, additional excursions, etc) is required to secure a booking. No reservation request can be considered booked until such deposit is received
• The full outstanding balance is payable 30 days prior to departure, or any other date that the service providers may require.
• Should payments not be received as per this schedule, the booking will automatically be deemed cancelled, with forfeiture of all amounts paid. All bookings, irrespective of when made, must be paid in full 30 days prior to tour departure date.
• Should the operator, in its sole discretion, agreed to accept payments that may vary from the required payment schedule above, then it reserves the right to charge interest on all such payments, at the applicable overdraft rate charged.
• All prices are based on a minimum of 2 persons sharing accommodation. Single supplements will be applicable.
• Credit card payments exclude the 4.75% bank commission. This will be added to any credit card payments.
• All payments via Bank transfers, or cash bank deposits, must include all relevant bank charges.
Ponta Beach Camp – Private Campsites Rooms
Reviews for Ponta Beach Camp – Private Campsites4 guest reviews Reviews of
3.5 out of 5 stars
Ponta Beach Camp – Private Campsites Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling