About Ponta Beach Camp – Main Camp
Ponta Beach Camps is an affordable, family beach resort directly on the main Beach in the quaint seaside village of Ponta do Ouro, Southern Mozambique. Ponta do Ouro, situated just 4 kms (as the Seagull flies), and about 12 kms by road from the Kosi Bay border with South Africa. Access on New Tar Road from KZN border to the market in Ponta Do Ouro, 4 x 4 no longer required to reach Ponta Beach Camps. The Main Camp is a fairly large camp, set back a little from the beach, under the coastal dune trees. There are essential two types of accommodation available in this camp: Barracas,which are traditional, reed constructed “Mozambique style” rooms, and Safari Tents, which are the smaller, classic safari tents.The Barracas are affordable units constructed out of traditional reed materials and are fairly spacious, and well ventilated. Most units are two sleepers, but there are family units that can accommodate between 3 and 6 persons. Rooms are available that have either double, or twin single bed configurations. Superior Barracas have superior, hotel-quality mattresses, and are generally situated in a more favorable, shaded position than the Standard Barracas. As they are adjoined to each other, they are not very private regarding sounds.Our Safari tents are custom made tents, specifically designed with the Mozambican heat in mind. They have large mosquito proof zipped windows. Superior Safari tents are situated in more favorable position than the Standard ones. All tents have 2 single beds. These are steel spring camp beds, and have superior hotel quality mattresses. Each unit is equipped with one central ceiling light. There are no fans or plug points.There are two large communal ablution blocks servicing the Main Camp, with separate men’s & ladies facilities. Towels are not supplied.For those that don’t want the hassle of cooking, “Barraca de Ponta”, our popular Mozambique Restaurant, is situated in the Main Camp. It offers very affordable Breakfast, and Full Board meal options. The communal self-catering kitchen is equipped with a double gas hotplate, a large braai area, and pots, pans and utensils. There is also a chest deep freeze provided solely for storing frozen meat products. For those that would prefer their own private fridges, there are a limited number of fridges for hire. Personal crockery and cutlery are not provided. Bring your own glasses, coffee mugs, knives, forks, braai tongs, bottle opener, can opener, corkscrew, etc.The coast off Ponta do Ouro has been declared a Marine Protected Area, and is efficiently managed by the authorities to ensure that the coral reefs and tropical aquatic life is preserved in its original pristine state. In addition to the numerous resident pods of dolphins found off our coast, one also has a very good chance of seeing turtles, whale sharks, and whales. The coast of Mozambique is famous for the annual whale migration which takes place during the winter months (May – October). During this period, clients are assured of seeing these magnificent creatures close inshore as they blow, tail slap, and spectacularly leap out of the water.A Padi five-star dive centre operates from Ponta Beach Camps offering both dive charters and Scuba training. There is also a comprehensive range of Scuba Equipment for rental at competitive prices. They have been operating in Southern Mozambique for over 22 years, and are the official MARES Diving Centre for Southern Mozambique. Great emphasis is placed on safety, education, conservation awareness, and responsible, non invasive interaction with the marine environment. Mozambique is one of the few places in the world that offers wild dolphin encounters. Boat trips are undertaken daily to see these amazing animals, and whatever other of the varied marine life one usually encounters whilst at sea. As with our dive charters, on all these trips emphasis is placed on safety, conservation, education, and responsible, non invasive interaction with all marine life encountered.
• All booking requests in respect of accommodation, transfers, flights, and activities / excursions are subject to availability as at the time deposits are received, notwithstanding the fact that at the time of request, availability may have been confirmed.
• Prices quoted, unless otherwise specifically notified in writing, are as per the... • All booking requests in respect of accommodation, transfers, flights, and activities / excursions are subject to availability as at the time deposits are received, notwithstanding the fact that at the time of request, availability may have been confirmed.
• Prices quoted, unless otherwise specifically notified in writing, are as per the respective resort standard rate sheets, and are subject to any increases in accommodation, air fares, other land arrangements, or any other costs that may affect the original invoice price. All quotes and invoices are subject to these increases and costs, which may be applied without prior notice.
• Any extensions, additions, variations or deviations from the original invoice may incur supplementary charges. These are also payable as per payment schedule below.
• Any changes of whatsoever nature made to any invoice, once sent, shall incur additional charges, with a minimum of R 300.00 per person per amendment being levied.
• Should the resorts, operators, or principles quote in any other currency, other than SA Rands, then the rate quoted will exclude the forex commission of 0.25% of the total invoice price, with a minimum amount payable of R300.00 per person.
• Unless specifically stated to the contrary on the quote, rates and quotes do not include any airport departure taxes, airline fuel or any other levies and taxes that may be implemented from time to time, or any meals that may not be included in the airline ticket prices, as in the case of some budget airlines, nor does it include any other taxes that may not be included in airline ticket rate.
• Unless specifically stated to the contrary on the quote, rates and quotes do not include any visa / passport costs, or any air ticket / passport / document courier / delivery charges, or any personal or travel insurance.
• Rates quoted, are subject to exchange rate fluctuations, and final cost will be determined and finalized, as at the date of receipt of full payment. This is a specific condition, notwithstanding that the tour may already have been invoiced, and deposits paid against it.
• The operator reserves the right to further amend the final invoice amount payable, up to a period of seven (7) days after the final payment is received from the client, should there be any currency variations during this period.
• We reserves the right to accept any payments made against any tour, at the exchange rate when payment was made. The current applicable currency buying rate as quoted by the bank of South Africa Ltd shall be used to determine the exchange rate invoiced. This applies to any late payments which may be received, notwithstanding such payments may only be received after the final invoice.
• Rates and quotes do not include VAT, or any sales taxes, that may be payable on the tour, or any portion thereof, in South Africa, or any country included on the itinerary, that imposes them.
• All payments for the stay must be made in full prior to departure, no confirmations, or travel documents will be issued until all these payments have been received.
• A minimum 50% non-refundable, non transferable, deposit of total tour price (including any additional charges, including equipment rental, additional excursions, etc) is required to secure a booking. No reservation request can be considered booked until such deposit is received
• The full outstanding balance is payable 30 days prior to departure, or any other date that the service providers may require.
• Should payments not be received as per this schedule, the booking will automatically be deemed cancelled, with forfeiture of all amounts paid. All bookings, irrespective of when made, must be paid in full 30 days prior to tour departure date.
• Should the operator, in its sole discretion, agreed to accept payments that may vary from the required payment schedule above, then it reserves the right to charge interest on all such payments, at the applicable overdraft rate charged by the Bank of South Africa Ltd.
• All prices are based on a minimum of 2 persons sharing accommodation. Single supplements will be applicable.
• Credit card payments exclude the 4.75% bank commission. This will be added to any credit card payments.
• All payments via Bank transfers, or cash bank deposits, must include all relevant bank charges.
Cancellation & refund policy
• Should notice be given by the client of his / her intention to cancel, refunds will be given as set out below. Refunds will only be considered if all payments were received according to the payment schedule above.
• Refunds will be made as follows: (from payment date)
o Up until 90 days prior to departure – refund of all amounts paid except for cancellation fee of 30% of total tour price.
o Between 89 days & 60 prior to departure - refund of all amounts paid except for cancellation fee of 50% of total tour price.
o Between 59 days & 45 days prior to departure – refund of all amounts paid except for cancellation fee of 75% of total tour price.
• 44 days and less, prior to departure - No refunds whatsoever will be given.
• In exceptional circumstances, and at the sole discretion of the operator, where we manage to obtain a full or partial refund for the client, all such amounts received will be refunded, except for an amount equal to 30% of the total final invoice value, which will be retained by the safari operator to cover bank charges, costs, and commissions.
This cancellation policy will apply irrespective of the cause of cancellation, including but not limited to: illness, death, missed or delayed flights, cancellation through non payment by the client of any portion of his tour, civil unrest, riots, strikes, war – whether declared or not, or for any other reason whatsoever. It further applies to any tours, accommodation and activities which may be cancelled due to inclement weather, or natural disasters, i.e. floods, hurricanes, cyclones, etc.
• The client must give written notice of his / her intention to cancel, stating detailed reasons why, before a refund will be considered.
CANCELLATION REFUNDS FOR “SPECIALS” & PROMOTIONS
From time to time, certain resorts, hotels and agents that the operator utilizes and accepts bookings from clients on behalf off, offers discounted / and or promotion rates & packages. There are no cancellation refunds for these packages for any reason whatsoever.
Unused Services / Facilities.
• The rates quoted for the tour are based on prepaid rates, and as such no refunds for unused services and / or facilities can be entertained, for any reason whatsoever, including those suffered / incurred as a result of inclement weather, missed connections, illness, injury, or death.
• Travel / Personal Accident Insurance are specifically excluded from any quotes, or rates. Travelers are strongly advised to take adequate travel insurance, and it is their sole responsibility to ensure that they are in possession of the relevant valid passports, visas, and any other travel and medical immunization documents required by the destination countries and airline carriers
We will not be held liable for any loss of, or damage to, property, life or person, for any reason whatsoever.
• Further as such we are not liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any airline delays, missed connections, accommodation substitutions, non performance, negligence, or omissions of any of these airlines, resorts, operators, service providers, or agents, or any additional costs suffered as a result of these events.
• The operator transfers monies received from it’s clients, in good faith, to the various hotels, resorts, lodges, operators, and service providers, and agents, and as such cannot be held liable in any way, should these funds in any way be misappropriated by these various airlines, hotels, resorts, lodges, operators, and service providers, and agents, or lost as a result of insolvency, closure / termination, or abscontion by any of them
• All schedules, costs, tour arrangements, and conditions are subject to change, without any recourse whatsoever to the operator, at the sole discretion of the operator.
• Should the accommodation originally booked by the client not be available for any reason whatsoever, when their final booking is made, or, on their arrival at the destination, then the operator reserves the right to book alternative accommodation of a similar standard.
• The operator recommends and books accommodation, services and tours in good faith on behalf of the client from information at its disposal, and gives no warranties as to suitability for the client’s needs, or preference’s.
• The operator accepts no liability as to any expenses incurred by the client as a result of the clients substituting any accommodation and / or land arrangements, for any reason whatsoever.
• It is the sole responsibility of the client to ensure he / she has the necessary passports, visas, travel and medical documentation required, and suitably validated, to travel to all countries they intend visiting.
• Booking on this tour shall constitute acceptance of these conditions. Errors and omissions are excluded.
Ponta Beach Camp – Main Camp Rooms
Reviews for Ponta Beach Camp – Main Camp25 guest reviews Reviews of
3.5 out of 5 stars
Ponta Beach Camp – Main Camp Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling