About Idwala View
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
Need more information?
Want to Book this Property?
About Idwala View
This secluded, self-catering luxury nature reserve getaway offers you the best way to experience amazing African wildlife in the malaria-free Mabalingwe Nature Reserve. The house has spacious rooms that spill out to an expansive deck where a swimming pool, bar and sun deck await. Idwala View can accommodate 12 guests (up to 8 adults & 4 children) – perfect for family gatherings & large groups. Spend quality time together and enjoy the views of the glorious sunsets while sipping a sundowner.
Beautifully decorated in a distinct South African flavour, inspired by Tretchikoff and the local street artists, this house is fully equipped. Enjoy breathtaking views from the deck and watch the wildlife drink water from our own private watering hole. Go on game drives in your own Game Viewing Vehicle (extra cost of ZAR 950.00 per day). Be greeted in the morning by Klipspringers and experience the magic of your own open air boma lit by a glowing fire and the Milky Way at night.
All life's luxuries are also available to you from Wi-Fi internet access, DSTV to a dishwasher, washing machine and microwave.
Nearby activities include golf, horse riding, fly fishing, Big 5, bird watching, cycling, game drives, game viewing, guided walks, mountain biking, swimming and tennis.
Netflix, ShowMax, DSTV and DSTVNow available.
Load Shedding – Inverter based (quiet) power back-up for some essentials (water) during load shedding. Gas stove and gas geysers. Solar and emergency lighting.
We are Kind to our Environment
At Idwala View we have created an eco-friendly system that is kind to the surrounding environment. We are striving to become one of the most environmentally friendly self-catering lodges in the Mabalingwe Nature Reserve.
More About Idwala View
- Laundry Facilities*
- Swimming Pool
- Indoor Fireplace
- Satellite TV*
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Parking on Premises
- 220 Volt
- 24H. Check In
- 24H. Security
- Iron and board
- Pets Not Allowed
Safari: Guests can choose to hire the game viewing vehicle to do their own safari or they can book a game drive at the Mabalingwe reception.
Spa: The Mabalingwe Nature Reserve has a spa in the Ingwe Camp. Guests can make bookings directly with them.
Golf: Idwala View is situated on the Mabalingwe Nature Reserve. It is not far from Zebula and Elements Golf Course.
Family friendly: Idwala View is the perfect place for families who want to break away to the bush. Because of wild animals roaming around freely, young children should be supervised.
Romantic: The sunsets at Idwala View creates a romantic vibe.
• A REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT equal to 1 days' rental is also payable and will be refunded within 5 working days after departure if no breakages or damages have been caused as a result of the tenant or his guests' behavior. THIS BREAKAGE DEPOSIT IS PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER AND DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE QUOTATION.
• The Departure Clean Fee of R650.00 forms part of the quotation. This is NOT a daily cleaning service. See ADDED EXTRAS for the price of the daily cleaning service.
• Please note that noise restrictions apply as you are in a nature reserve. Noise travels far in the open areas and guests are asked to keep all noise to a minimum at all times. Music will only be allowed till 9 pm.
• Children are welcome. Young children must be under the supervision of their parents at all times.
• No stag or hen groups.
• No matriculation parties.
• No bachelor parties.
• No pets are allowed under any circumstances.
• Smoking is only allowed in some of the open air areas.
• Parking for all guests is available on site and is free of charge. No more than 4 cars.
• Free Wi-Fi.
• Free Netflix, ShowMax, DSTV and DSTVNow.
• A Camp/Travel Cot and bedding is available on request.
• As the house is situated in a Nature Reserve, all persons using the house will have to sign an indemnity form which will be emailed on receipt of deposit.
• Please note that baboons, monkeys and various other animals roam freely. Keep all doors and windows securely closed and locked when out, not in sight or when checking out. Failure to do so, resulting in the baboons, monkeys or animals gaining access to the house will result in the loss of the whole breakage deposit as well as being charged for any other damage incurred by the baboons. monkeys or animals.
• Load Shedding – Inverter based power back-up for some essentials (water) during load shedding. Gas stove and gas geysers. Solar and emergency lighting.
• A daily cleaning service is available at R320.00 a day.
• A newly converted 11-seater game drive vehicle (purchased Feb 2018) (manual transmission) is available at R950.00 per day. All fuel, flat tyres and call-outs will be for your own account. Driver of the vehicle must be a licensed driver and over the age of 25. The vehicle cannot be taken off the reserve. The vehicle is not allowed on any of the 4x4 routes or difficult routes up the mountains.
• Braai wood is available at R28.00 per bag.
• Firelighters at R28.00 per pack.
• Heating of swimming pool to 31 C at R320.00 a day. This has to be booked at least 3 days in advance and has to be booked for the entire duration of your stay.
• Late Check-Out (after 10 am and as late as 2 pm) – optional at R600.00. (depending on availability)
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling